Tuesday, March 1, 2011

More Than This

I just flew to KL 2 weeks ago but with the schedule that packs from morning till midnight from Monday to Sunday, it feels like months. Its internship semester and most of my peers are having internship. But the fact that I did not does not mean I am free at all. Gosh i sound like i'm whining :p

To cut the story short, I have been busy with the CIMA Global Business Challenge preparations, which relates to meetings on nights on and weekends in between church services, research, toastmasters on Saturdays (made compulsory) and the meeting ups with mentors and lecturers, tell me about stress;

TARCollege Christian Fellowship which I do not know why i find no words to describe. There's meetings for everything, meetings for weekly CF, meetings for worship practice, meetings for Easter Celebration, meetings for prayer etc. Its not as work-oriented as it seems cause everyone is starting to desire more and so I chose to just yield and lay down what I can;

And then there is choir. Which I painfully decided to quit a year ago to focus on ministry and studies (Have always been in Choir since the age of 15 and it plays a huge role in molding the person I am now) but went back to help because Joey, a little sister to me whom i saw accepted Christ, changed and transformed by God, became the Chairperson of this hassling club. She accepted the challenge despite being inexperience. So I decided to support her and help out with the choir auditions and vocal teachings.

Prayer groups and cell groups are also important things that I've been sowing in. The prayer group which started last year have not ceased and people are still meeting up almost every night in hostel to pray. Same goes to cell group and church where we worship, go into the word and edify one another.

I am not done with my schedule. Been offered to be the emcee for the School of Business Studies 40th anniversary Carnival 2011 where I experienced talking a full whole day on the mic and it was really draining. Got closer to the lecturers and the working professionals as well as practice emceeing events. But still it was draining.




What I really wanna say is, I can be packed with "important" or "beneficial" activities that it really seems like life has been really awesome, from the diversity of scheduling that is. But what i learn is that, despite the work load that the hands and feet have been doing, the heart may not be benefited, be it even Godly things. I could be running from morning till night really doing things that "i should" but at the end of the day, was it really meaningful and beneficial to me, others and His Kingdom.

If all the things that I'm doing, does not carry a higher purpose than merely finishing the task, there is no point at all doing it and i would realise this sooner or later. Things must have a purpose, so that I won't be just passing by and bearing with my life till I grow old and die.


"My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36)


I desire to see a higher purpose in all that I am doing. I am really starting to desire spiritual things. I wanna see Heaven touch earth and God moving in every corner. I wanna see lives being changed and their destinies fulfilled. I desire to see people changing from their bad attitudes and be more and more like Christ. I desire to see the broken hearted being restored and the sick receiving healings from heaven. I wanna see signs, wonders and miracles happening in lives on a daily basis. Yes! I desire!


"Praise the Lord O my soul... who satisfies your desires with good things, so that your youth may be renewed like eagles"
(Psalms 103)

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me"
(Galatians 2:20)

I remember myself praying this prayer, that when people see me they will see God. May everything I do be a blessing to others, let it be a sowing into the Kingdom, to see greater things in life than the natural. Amen!



Photobucket

May Your glory shine through me Jesus!








-Manly Beach, Sydney

No comments: