Thursday, May 15, 2008

JabatanPerkhidmatanAwam(JPA) Review

JPA results marked the end of me and architecture.
The field that prompt me to stuck myself in Borders or other bookstores for hours reading on Frank Lloyd Wright and Building structures..

from ancient architectures to modern building design.

Architecture isn't just designing or building of models, it is the aesthetic value of expression and significance through building.

It may sound odd when someone feels excited with the artistry in solid monument or skyscrapers but to me, that is Architecture. The art of building

To understand the FACT that something so similar to my liking would be gone from my pages of LIFE, its so sad. I don't know anymore BIG EMOTIONAL words but i really feel sad.

Well accounting it is! Safe, secure, risk-less, challenge-less? Chaotically ironic course. It would be like asking Elandy to study Actuarial Science, Yien to study Mechanical Engineering, Paris Hilton to study Law.

I do not want to be an accountant!!!

The reason i chose accounting is to grasp a better understanding of business ( do not thing it is unnecessary! ), satisfy my worried parents, and... thats pretty much everything.

JPA was my last hope since UTM did not favor me but hope,,, is somewhere else liao :P


I really thought i stand a good chance since my results were ok,
(I've been trying to believe that 12A's ain't that bad with a B)

extra curricular activities was, amazingly blessed,
( highest with State Representative In Taekwondo if Choir in Xiamen isn't that recognized, i can write two full page on others )

JPA interview was brilliant i dare say
( not too cocky yet VERY enough to mark great impression)

my parents' salary was ok too
( since JPA holders' have parents with 10k+ a month =.=)

Architecture was one of the less competitive course
(guess they didn't place much allocation this year, a malay 11a1 friend from KL didn't get it too)

O well, thank goodness I'm a Christian. Which made me feel better cause i know God has BETTER plans for me. Though JPA to Korea is just marvelous T.T

But!
I have to really stressed here that JPA aren't doing a great job in my opinion. I'm not some radical chinese that is going mad bout racism and ratio and quota all that shit. I really don't care cause there's absolutely no point shouting over it. But! Did the JPA interviewers did a responsible job on interviewing students?

Firstly, there was a decline in toughness in the interviews through the days. At first, interviews were ordered and students have to both relate themselves in BM and English. But till the end, they just let the students talk as if its just letting us finish our time in that interview room.

Secondly, from the people i knew, 3 candidates in the same group got the scholarship. I dunno bout the other 3 or 4 but what are the odds that among 36 groups+-, 50% or more in ONE group of 7 get to strike the lottery? How bout the remaining? Are they trying to fill in the remaining seats for Non Bumi's as soon as possible so that they don't have to reconsider the other 200+ candidates all over? Is that why they are a lot of non-deserving students getting such luxurious offers whereas the deserving one gets stuck up and start becoming radicals going around complaining and further creating a chaotic nation. Is that how you want it government officers?

My point of deserving is MAINLY on financial consideration.
(I'm not considered DESERVING as my family can still afford my education, though it is less brilliant than jpa holders T.T)
Why do you offer scholarships to students with average academic results, normal extra activities YET RICH ASS family background? That is obviously unprofessional as comparatively, with the same performance, a student with lower financial background DESERVES it more than the other!

That is like giving aid to Singaporeans and Brunei-ans while letting China and Myanmar suffer their consequences!!!

If its because one obtained real good results= they deserved it ;
One achieved real good sports performance= they deserved it ;
Poor fellow that has those both= Super Deserving ;
Rich fellow with non of the both=WHAT FOR??

That is just superbly unprofessional, letting such noble jobs on irresponsible people is a shame to the government. We're not even talking bout race, we're taking bout doing the job in manner out of the unchangeable quota!

I feel sad not only for the deserving students who fail, but most of all, i feel sad for the government that makes its rakyat lose faith in them. Most people all around talking bout JPA takes it as the reality of MALAYSIA but just think about it, how sad is that? What should you tell the children in school, study well, get good results and the government will testify you based on your LUCK?

Turn around it means, no need to do extra well, just test luck, if you have it, you're off to the wonders waiting for you overseas!
If not, get a rich family and worry nothing.

Dear government, what do you want your rakyat to believe in?

No comments: